Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Can I fit an auto-dimming rear view mirror to my Peugeot 206?

Hi,





I'm currently dismantling a Peugeot 406 and it has an electrochrome/auto-dimming rear view mirror as well as the automatic wipers and light sensors behind the mirror. My 206 also has automatic lights and wipers, but just a normal mirror. Is there a wire behind the black rain sensor cover to plug this mirror into in my 2002 model 206, like in the 406?





Thanks.|||Wow! this is a good question for owners that would like to really work on their own car, and use parts from one car to another. Just like me.


Good to know that YOU are personally involved in the mechanical work.





However... this seems to be a website where people are only concerned about "alloy wheels??" and "what does this warning light mean?" , "what size tires and air pressure?", and, "how much will THIS COST?".





I really hope that some real Peugeot mechanics have the time to analyse the electrical schematic, actually LOOK behind the rain sensor cover as you requested, and give you an answer.





Don't hold your breath though. I'm still waiting to see if there is a mechanic in ALL of Great Britian who knows if the driveshafts of a 205 and 306 are the same. The answer to this is already TEN YEARS OLD.


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>|||Hi,





can i just ask how did you remove the mirror from your car?





I have a Peugeot 406 and would like to fit an auto dip mirror, but cant get the existing mirror off for fear that I am going to break the window.





Thanks

Report Abuse


|||Owning a 406 coupe myself that has the auto dimming rear view mirror, it already has 3 wires with a plug on, so unless your 206 has this (which I doubt) then it's probably more hassle than it's worth trying to find out where / what these wires are connected to.





Try and search for a 206 owners club.

No comments:

Post a Comment