Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why does the display in my Peugeot 407 fade and disappear after about 20 minutes of driving?

I have a Peugeot 407, 04 plate, when i start it up the display in the middle shines clear as day. after about 20 minutes of driving it fades and disappears completely. Why would this happen? Is it a common fault? How would i go about fixing this? And of course realistically how much would it cost me?|||it could be that the digital display is faulty or on it`s way out.|||This is a common problem with all amber displays during the first two production years of the 407, they suffer from heat. The recent displays are made by a different manufacturer, and reportedly do not have this problem. I found the readability can be improved by reversing the display (in the menu).

Report Abuse


|||I'm not quite sure whether this is a common fault of 407. Before trying out big things, try to change the bulb which lights up the display.

No comments:

Post a Comment