Saturday, November 19, 2011

How to wire a 3 spaded radiator switch on Peugeot 205?

Hi, hope someone can help.


I have just fixed a head gasket on my 1124cc 1990 Peugeot 205. I have a 3 spaded radiator switch and can't remember where the appropriate wires go. I have located 2 leads , 1 lead perished and the spade fell off. Which female connectors do I connect which wire to??





Many thanks|||EDITED NEXT DAY, new info!!!


I have the exact same car, and I have photos to help you.





This sensor will cause your electric cooling fan to come on when the coolant is hot enough:


Notice the 3 blade sensor. THIS IS VERY RARE


Wires are arranged in this way:


http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh155鈥?/a>


The COLOURS of the wires can differ. My car has a thick green, a thick light blue, and two thin wires...1 green, 1 light blue. NO red ones on my 1990 car.





Here is another wiring from a Peugeot 405 3-blade radiator:


http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh155鈥?/a>





Is this what you need, Paul? MOST connectors actually have TWO prongs, not three.?? Here is another 205 radiator switch removed from the radiator:


http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh155鈥?/a>





I have lots more photos, if you need more. Of the complete head gasket replacement job.


I have the Haynes Repair Manual #0932, and can't find a three prong switch on any electrical schematic. But they do exist!!!!.|||Thanks, you chose my answer just 3 minutes after I changed 2 photos and wrote new text. Just completed in the nick of time.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment