Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What is a sports exhaust cat bypass system for a Peugeot 206?

I am thinking of getting a sports exhaust system for my Peugeot 206 1.1


I want a exhaust system that will improve the performance.





Also it would be very helpful if you could give me any examples of good systems for this car??


Thanks :-)|||You'll be lucky to get 5HP extra at top end. It's a front exhaust with no catalytic converter which, in theory, reduces turbulence allowing smoother air flow out of the exhaust at certain rpms.



You're not really going to notice any performance difference from any 1.1 206. The key to performance is to reduce as much weight as possible, fibre glass bonnet, tailgate and wings, perspex windows and such.



After you've done all that, then you should be thinking about sports exhausts and wider tyres etc. Also, keep it looking almost original on the outside, scoops and body kits will slow down a 206 at speeds above 55.



I almost forgot to mention high lift cams, but this is best left to a professional mechanic.|||I agree with the first answer.


Messing about with the exhaust and trying to modify your engine might also invalidate your insurance or make your car fail on emissions so I suggest you make your car look smart and individual and keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment