Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Is the peugeot 206 suitable for a driver of 6ft?

im thinking of buying a peugeot 206 but have heard reports of bad seating for the drivers position. Its all very well sitting in one at a garage but I would like to know how it is for lengthy periods to drive. I am 6ft 1, does anyone of a similar height have experience of driving one ?|||my hubby is 6ft 2 and found it ok, he said he couldnt exactly sit up straight cos he had spikey hair but when he didnt he was fine, we had it for over a year so im guessing it was ok for him, maybe test drive one see how u feel good luck x|||I have over the years driven both a 306 and a 206, the 306 although slightly older had a much better seating position, i was far higher and much more comfortable with the overall position and adjustments that can be made. I drove a 206 on a journey from southampton to coventry and back (to n from uni) and found the position uncomfortable to the extent of back pain and leg cramps. Im not saying that you should buy a 306 but if it is a reliable, cheap peugeot that you are after you can still get late 2000 early 2001 306 models in decent condition with all the extras you would expect from the 206 with the added room benifit. I myself now drive a red 2000 306 meridan which set me back just over 2k including air con, leather interior, alloys etc - hope this helps|||I have owned a 206 for 2 years I am smaller than you at 5-10 and I findthe driving position difficult. Not because of height I need to have the seat position right back get comfortable on long journey. This of course reduces the seat space in the back and adults have not got enough room in the back in this position. Also Ifind the pedal position awkward..size 9 feet !!.....the accelerator pedal is fine the clutch however is so close to the steering column that the outside and inside of my feet touch the well wall and the column...other than that it's the "drive of your life"..!!!!!...hope this helps|||I have a friend who has a 206, I'm 6ft but struggled to get comfortable. My head only just fitted in and was brushing the roof. Think you might be better getting something bit bigger.|||A 6ft 1 friend of mine has had one for a year and he's very happy, it's his first car and believe me he certainly would complain if he had any cause He's done several 100 mile trips without a single moan!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Ive bought two Peugeot 407 keys from ebay in February. I had no trouble getting the locksmith to make them start my 2006 Peugeot 407 HDi wagon. But could not get the remote locking to work. Just last week I had a Peugeot dealer do a repair and asked them to fix it. They were unable to fix it. Would you have any experience or idea what else it could be? Is it something to do with the key? The dealer tells me the car registers the clicking correctly when hooked up to the PP diagnostics, so it looks like the key is fine. HELP!

    Walter---
    Tasmania

    ReplyDelete