Saturday, November 19, 2011

Peugeot 106 - Water sloshing around the under steering wheel?

Hi everyone, I am having problems with my Peugeot 106 1.1 XN Zest (T Reg - 1999).





I noticed on Saturday that I could hear a noise that sounded like water splashing around in a container coming from under the steering wheel. I also noticed when I returned home that there was a patch on the floor near where I had been parked but this was on the passenger side.





I have got no idea what it could be. I have checked the carpet under where the pedals and that is dry and I have checked the lids on the screenwash fluid etc to see that they haven't come loose. It still seems to drive ok but I am getting concerned. The temperature light hasn't come on or anything to indicate overheating.





I know the obvious problems are that it is French etc lol. It is approaching 110,000 miles but other than that problem it drives fine. I have just spent a bit of money on it so I would rather not get rid of it just yet.





Thanks for all your help.


Gareth.|||hello it sounds to me the heater matrix has gone or the sunroof drains are blocked ,


does the water look brownish or have a smell to it , if it does it means the heater that has sprung a leek , (it is a small radiator inside the car that gives off the heat in case you dont know what a matrix's is )





a quick fix is to join the two pipe that enter the car on the left hand side of the bulk head under the bonnet at the back of the engine , they are held on with two jubilee clips , this will allow for the car to be driven but not get hot inside during winter





or it could be the sunroof because the drains from the sunroof could be blocked , these are at each corner in the sunroof when the sunroof is fully opened , best way is to flush a jet of air or water down the tubes|||buy a pair of wellies!!!!ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment