Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I have a Peugeot Carbolite 103 and I keep popping the tires, any suggestions?

I think it comes down to me being too fat for the tires, but I am about 150 pounds. I feel like that isn't the problem. Literally one pothole will pop the tubes, but the rubber tire is fine. Is there something else I should be doing? The bike is the Peugeot Carbolite and the wheels are S23X 700C/23C; is this only made for a track bike?|||Use a floor pump with a gauge on it and keep the pressure close to the max the tire is rated for. Too low of a pressure will pinch the tube against the rim when you hit a sharp corner.|||i have two fuji road bikes 700x23c tires on both i weigh 240lbs i had the same problem, thought maybe my weight was the problem , no good the problem was with the lining inside the channel of the rim , the lining that protects the inner tube from the spoke holes in the rim. air pressure from the tube was pressing the lining against the spoke holes and over a period of time the holes cut into the lining and eventually cutting the tube from the inside not the outside. you can buy stronger lining from any bike shop.|||Hey I am about 25 pounds more! Are you calling me fat? lol


No, your weight is not the problem, and those tires should not pop like that. I think that you ride with too low pressure on them. Get a foot pump with a gauge and pump to the pressure specified on the tire wall, about 100 PSI.|||Those tires should easily support your weight. You should have at least 100 psi in the tires to help prevent pinch flats which are caused by under inflated tires|||a. put the max air you can in the tire


b. don;t hit potholes


c. 150# is fine





wle

No comments:

Post a Comment