Sunday, November 13, 2011

What is the small spring for on my 1997 Peugeot 106 attached at one end only to the throttle?

In the engine department of my Peugeot 106 (1997) there is a small spring, about one inch long, attached to the throttle cable mechanism, but hanging down and not attached at the other end. Can someone advise me where the other end attaches to please? I can see that it was attached at both ends at one time but the unattached end of the spring has stretched and 'uncurled' so has come away from somewhere.|||The spring you are describing is used to give tension to the throttle cable. Maybe now that the spring has broken, you don't feel a stiff pedal? Is your accelerator (gas pedal) pedal kind of 'sloppy' ?





I have replaced this spring myself on the Peugeot TU engines of the 205. Your 106 also has a TU engine .


IF you can wait until tomorrow, I will take a photo of this spring, and the NORMAL shape of a good spring for you. but now, it is 22:50pm here in Belgium, and I can't take a photo in the dark.





Yes you are right, the end of the spring has broken off and fallen away. It's not a serious, dangerous problem at all..but a new spring will help you. a screwdriver is all you need to replace it. TWO small screws...Wait for my photo tomorrow.....trevor.





TOMORROW! here is the photo. Just buy the new spring and put it on yourself.


http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh155鈥?/a>|||My God! YOU are the ONE peugeot question asker IN TEN that actually chooses a best answer. and has the courtesy to say "kind" for my response. Thank YOU.


Maybe someday I will return to the Yahoo answers PEUGEOT category.

Report Abuse


|||if you look there will be some where to hook it on it puts tension on your pedal.

No comments:

Post a Comment