Sunday, November 13, 2011

How much anti freeze goes in the newly replaced radiator Peugeot 106?

My partner has just replaced the radiator in my Peugeot 106, 1.5 Diesel (1998). He has gone out and told me that I have to now put the anti freeze in it. I have no idea how much to put in (apparently is a mix with water....) and I cant find the details in the handbook (the handbook I have isnt specifically for the 106).





Also (this is silly) I presume I pour in the anti freeze and then top up with water.....





I have no idea!


Help!!!!!!|||As the others have said, look on the container of antifreeze to get the mixture ratio for the water. I will also guarentee you that it is 50/50 ratio. A good idea is to premix the solution and then pour it into the radiator. If you mix more than you need pour it into a leak proof container and throw it in the trunk so that you have it if you need it.





You may also buy premixed antifreeze at an auto parts store, then it is simple as pouring it into the radiator until full.





Once you have it full, leave the radiator cap off and start the engine, let it run until the water inside circulates and you can feel the heat from it. This will make sure that there are no air pockets in the system. Once it is hot, then replace the cap and you are finished.





good luck|||I put 50/50 in mine, but it depends what type of anti-freeze you have, there should be a recommendation on the bottle.





Be very careful with it and wear gloves too. This stuff is ultra toxic and hates car bodywork.|||What I have always done is drain the radiator and I will put one gallon of anti freeze in it and then fill will water. The correct mixture is 50/50 but if you put a gallon in you will be fine.|||Check the label of the anti-freeze product, there is a usage description of what quantityof anti-freeze to be added to the conresponding quantity of water.





Goodluck|||Contact the dealer in or near your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment